Ya I know that you are thinking that this is going to be the usual tomato soup! It is actually but with a little twist which makes it very delicious to slurp on! It is a favorite in my house and is made almost everyday before dinner.
If you ask me, I consume a lot of tomatoes because they make almost anything edible. Fresh crunchy tomatoes sprinkled with a little salt and lemon juice are everyone's favorite. Whether in salads, mayo sandwich, classic bruschetta , pasta, soups, base for gravy in Indian vegetables , tomatoes are very versatile and their natural tangy flavor goes really well with everything.
INGREDIENTS ( Serves 2)
- 2 large tomatoes- cut into chunks
- 1 Onion- cut into chunks
- 1 Carrot- cut into chunks
- 2 cloves of garlic- peeled
- 1 tsp amul butter
- salt and black pepper powder
- In a pressure cooker, add butter and saute garlic.
- Now add in onions and stir around for a while.
- Finally add in tomatoes, carrots, salt, pepper, 1/2 glass of water and mix together.
- Cover the lid and pressure cook.
- Once the mixture cools down, puree it with a hand blender.
- Strain the soup and bring to boil again.
- Adjust seasonings and texture of soup accordingly.
Sauteing all the vegetables in butter before boiling gives it a a very distinctive taste which you will realize only after tasting the soup made this way.
Top it up with circles of cream and relish with homemade bread croutons.