Well like most of us, my fiancee too is not particularly fond of eating apples but I was determined to make him try this dessert! I am not particularly fond of them too but I sure love Apple Crumble!!! Its one of the quickest and simplest desserts you can make . Whether with a big mug of hot black coffee or vanilla ice-cream, it is totally addictive. This recipe has also been passed over to me by my bhabhi...Its amazing how a new member comes in your family and you get introduced to so many new dishes and different kind of food experience!!
Apples are in season and you have to try this recipe for the deliciousness and ease with which it gets ready. Best thing about fruit based desserts is you don't have to add too much sugar because fruits are naturally sweet so you can regulate the usage of sugar ( trust me, only your tongue craves for too much sugar and not your body!). You might find it weird to use lemon juice in this dessert but it goes extremely well with sweet apples.
INGREDIENTS (Serves 2-3)
( for stewed apples)
- 3 apples- peeled and chopped
- Juice of one lemon
- 3 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 3 parts flour
- 2 parts sugar
- 1 part amul butter
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Place all dry ingredients in a bowl for making crumble mixture.( I have used this spoon as a base and used 3, 2 and 1 spoon accordingly of flour, sugar and butter. You can make more and save in an air-tight container in refrigerator. Use lightly softened and not totally melted butter)
- Rub the butter into flour and sugar lightly using your fingers. Crumble mixture will look like sand.
- In a baking dish, add apples, cinnamon, sugar and lemon juice and bake in oven for 10 minutes at 180 degree celsius.
- Now spread the crumble mixture over the fruit, sprinkle extra sugar and bake in oven for about 30 minutes until golden on top and juice of apples is bubbling up.
Hot Apple Crumble!
- Serve with black coffee or cold scoop of Vanilla Ice-Cream.
I made it yesterday after a really long time and gobbled down two bowls instantly! It is soooo yum!
You can use peaches, cherries, strawberries, pear too for making this delectable dessert. I have tried this dessert with strawberries and it had turned out fabulous! You can add more cinnamon powder or even leave it out if you want.
Very thankful to my bhabhi Meenu for introducing this dessert to me! Its easy to make and the soft and crumbly texture instantly wooes your guests ;)
Post a Comment