The thing about being in love with food is it just increases and increases every passing day! There is so much inspiration everywhere around us. We all hail from different food background and everyday is a learning experience!!! Not that I don't like shopping, I get more fascinated seeing fresh vegetables and fruits with the vendors than checking out new collection of clothes in stores.
Been a while since I reminded you guys of Italian love!!! Simple but spectacular flavors in mouth! Italian cuisine focuses on ingredients and not elaborate preparation. Beautiful olives, tomatoes, garlic, balsamic vinegar, basil leaves, olive oil, mozzarella! Oh man! I am thinking of freshly baked Pizza already ;)
Pasta in Arabiatta Sauce is something I have been making for years now. Honestly, I am quite surprised that I haven't shared the recipe till now. Its a constant favorite among all my friends. Served with warm garlic bread, it is an absolute stunner and complete meal in itself! I guarantee you will smack your lips ;)
INGREDIENTS ( Serves 2-3)
- 2 cups of raw pasta ( penne, macaroni, farfalle, spaghetti etc.)
- 4 Large tomatoes
- 1 Large Onion- chopped fine
- 3-4 cloves of garlic- chopped fine
- 1+1/2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp red chilli flakes
- Take water in a big pot and add 1 tsp salt. Add two cups of pasta in boiling water. ( Key to non sticky pasta is hot boiling water and not oil!). Make sure that pasta is cooked al dente. ( Al dente means having a little bite). I have used farfalle pasta, you can use any kind.
- Blitz tomatoes in a blender to make tomato puree.
- In a wok or large pan, add olive oil and cook garlic and chopped onion till translucent.
- Now add pureed tomatoes and cook till the tomatoes are cooked and leave out oil. Then add salt, sugar, mixed herbs, ketchup,black pepper and red chilli flakes and stir around. Let the sauce bubble up for a while.
- Finally add cooked pasta to the sauce and stir around gently! I know I know! The pasta looks really inviting but you will have to cook it yourself to enjoy it!
Garnish with black olives, basil leaves and good quality parmesan cheese! Also, don't forget to drizzle some extra olive oil ( Don't worry! Olive oil is good for you )
Post a Comment