Skip to main content
I love trying new recipes. Sometimes we tend to fear before trying the recipe and think that what if it doesn't work! If it doesn't work, it doesn't work..its no big deal! Practice makes a man perfect and it will work when you'll try again. Patience they say is always fruitful!!!
Having nothing to do, I was bored the other day. Flipping through the pages of many recipe books that I have, this particular recipe caught my attention. I decided to try it and the replication was pretty awesome. My father gobbled down two at a go ;)
Caramel Fingers are made of three layers- biscuit base, delectable caramel and melted chocolate. Soft biscuit base, gooey and fudgy caramel will make you want to dig into this treat again and again. I have sprinkled salt over caramel topping to bring out its flavor which makes it all the more yum! This soft treat will become a favorite in your house and among your guests! Do give it a try :)
Semi Sweet or Dark chocolate- 1/2 cup
- Using an electric beater, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add flour and make a smooth dough using your fingers.
- Press the dough in a greased square tin and spread using your fingers.
- Bake at 180 degree Celsius for about 25 minutes or till golden brown.
5. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
6. In a non-stick pan, heat milkmaid, butter and sugar together. Stir continuously till milkmaid changes color.( Stir more if you want deep golden color but be careful to not burn the caramel)
7. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
8. Pour caramel topping over the biscuit base and allow to cool thoroughly.
9. Break chocolate into small pieces, melt over a double boiler and pour over the caramel topping. Chill in refrigerator until chocolate is set.
10. Cut into fingers and serve. Its as simple as that!
Post a Comment