I happen to be a fruit lover and have three kind of fruits on a usual day. Among others, banana happens to be one of my favorite fruit. Its creamy and just melts in mouth. Creamy and sweet bananas are everyone's favorite. Highly rich in potassium, it provides cardiovascular protection, soothes stomach ulcers and helps in building stronger bones.
Banana loaf cake is a perfect tea time treat. Its an ideal way to use overripe bananas. Adding hint of cinnamon just lifts up the cake to a different level altogether. I first made it 3 years back when I did my first Bake Sale. As apprehensive as I was about people trying it, it sold out very quickly!!!
Sharing some pictures of my first ever bake sale! :)
Bananas are versatile and can be used for making variety of desserts like muffins, cake, pies, ice creams, pancakes etc. Combining banana with milk makes excellent milkshake too.
BANANA LOAF CAKE
- 3 ripe bananas- mashed
- 125 gms plain flour
- 1/2 tin milkmaid
- 4 tbsp butter- semi soft
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp meetha soda
- 1 tbsp icing sugar/powdered sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- Preheat oven for 10 minutes at 180 degree Celsius.
2. Strain all the dry ingredients together thrice.
3. In a bowl, beat milkmaid using electric beater. Once milkmaid is aerated, add butter and cream it with milkmaid.
4. Mash bananas properly using a fork.
5. Divide mashed bananas and dry ingredients in three parts and fold into the mixture one at a time.
6. Grease loaf tin using a pastry brush and dust with flour. Tap away excess flour from the tin.
7. Pour batter in the loaf tin using a spatula. Bake in oven at 180 degree celsius for 25-30 minutes.
8. Insert a clean knife in the cake to check if the cake has cooked through. If the knife comes out clean, it means the cake has perfectly cooked. Take it out of oven and let it cool for 10 minutes.
9. Release the cake carefully from the tin by turning it upside down on a flat board or plate. To avoid cake sticking to the plate, sprinkle icing sugar on top and then turn.
- Relish with a cup of tea or coffee
- Serve hot with a cold scoop of vanilla ice cream
- Just eat as a snack (My way of eating ;)
Post a Comment