Summer is here and I keep craving for thirst quenching drinks to keep my body hydrated and cool. I am someone who adds mint to almost every dish. I even add it to my tea everyday, the flavour of tea becomes fantastic. Minty and earthy aroma of mint makes almost anything and everything delicious.
Mint is known to calm stomach and copes with stomach pain and indigestion. It also helps to cure nausea and headaches. It is a natural stimulant, smell alone can help reduce fatigue and depression.
Buttermilk is India's favourite summer drink . It's usually made by adding spices like cumin (jeera), ginger, salt, green chillies, coriander, pepper, curry leaves etc. It's pro-biotic nature is good for your stomach and improves immunity if taken regularly. High in calcium, buttermilk is excellent for people who don't like to drink milk everyday. It helps in weight loss and beneficial if you have acidity problem.
PUDINA CHAAS (Serves 2)
Blend this drink and then see the magic of mint in buttermilk. Mint and yoghurt both are cooling on the body and together, their cooling effect doubles. The flavour that comes out is just too good.
INGREDIENTS ( Makes 2 glasses)
- Yoghurt- 1 cup
- Water- 1/2 cup
- Mint leaves- 1/4th cup
- Ginger - 1/2 inch
- green chilli- 1
- Rock salt (Kala namak)- 1/4 tsp
- Salt- 1/4 tsp
- Blend mint leaves, ginger and green chilli with yoghurt, rock salt, salt and water in a blender.
- Buttermilk can be gulped down any-time of the day, it's not mandatory to have it with meals.
- Tempering (tadka) buttermilk with mustard seeds and curry leaves adds another layer of flavour to it.
- Buttermilk tastes best when serve chilled.
- Go for healthy drinks rather than loading your body with cola drinks and canned juices.
Health Benefits and Uses of Mint leaves.ReplyDelete
pudina |pudina benefits| benefits of pudina| pudina juice benefits,|