Watermelon and Feta Salad!
Come summer and we all start craving for water based fruits. In this heat, it's difficult to make elaborate meals in kitchen. Salad is a great instant food which can be eaten as a light meal or snack. This salad is a Greek salad which is made using chunks of watermelon, fresh mint, soured onions and crumbled feta. Salty and creamy feta perfectly compliments sweet watermelon. Don't be surprised about adding onions to this salad, it's crunchy and sour taste makes this salad even more drool worthy.
Feta cheese is one of my favourite food ingredients and tastes excellent with watermelon. You might as well think that I like this salad because of feta! Regardless, this salad does taste good. Feta cheese is available easily in most of the gourmet stores. As simple as this salad is, it is both sweet and savoury and is sure to make your tongue happy!!! Little cheese everyday is not bad for your health, on the contrary it is good :)
- I small onion- thinly sliced
- juice of 1 lemon
- watermelon- cut into chunks
- 15-20 mint leaves
- Feta cheese ( Use Alamarai brand)
- 8-10 Black olives- chopped
- Black pepper powder- 1/2 tsp
- Extra virgin olive oil- 1 tbsp
- Soak sliced onions in juice of one lemon and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Now add watermelon, black olives,chopped mint, olive oil, pepper powder, sliced onions( along with lemon juice) in a bowl and mix everything together using a spoon .
- Add crumbs of feta cheese over salad before serving.
INSIGHT ON THIS RECIPE
- Chill watermelon in fridge before making the salad.
- Use two spoons to break feta cheese to avoid messing your hands.
- Mint should be fresh to get the maximum flavour out of it.
- Do not use overripe watermelon. It will taste best when firm.
Love the combination of sweet and spicy?? Then you must try my south-indian style Carrot Salad! It is sure to become your favourite lunch accompaniment too :)
Post a Comment