Dried-fruits are highly nutritious and excellent for snacking. Contrary to popular belief, dried-fruits don't make you fat. Snacking on dried-fruits doesn't mean having a big bowl of it. Excess of anything is bad for health. This navratri don't forget to include them in your "fasting food" list to keep yourself energized all day.
There are lot of ways to include dried-fruits in your everyday diet:-
- Add to your bowl of cornflakes, muesli and even oatmeal in the morning.
- Add in baked goodies like cakes, muffins, breads.
- Nuts and dried-fruits are great in salads. My personal favorite are walnuts and sticky raisins.
- Lightly roasting and salting nuts like almonds, cashews and walnuts makes a great snack and enhances the flavour too. I like to add tiny bit of red chili powder to make them spicy.
- Add in traditional Indian sweets, kulfis and ice-creams.
- Use in making chocolates.
Though figs(anjeer) are seasonal, they are available through-out the year in dried form. I love biting in the sticky and fudgy figs which gets stuck to the teeth. More particularly, I love figs because of nutty seeds which crackle in mouth.
- Milk- 1 glass
- Anjeer - 2-3
- Honey- 1 tbsp
- Walnuts - 5
- Pre-soak figs in water.
- Blend milk, honey and soaked figs (anjeer) using a hand blender.
- Add chopped walnuts.
- Serve cold.
This milkshake is filling and energetic. Its great for people who are fasting and even makes for a good breakfast on a usual day. You can also serve it as a welcome drink to your guests.
I'm a school teacher & reading a primary school in Florida. Last few minutes reading your blog post and understand that I have to need a blender to save my time to cook and making juice for my kids. So I think I buy a blender for blend fruits juice. I was searching post about best hand blender but I didn't find in your blog. My request to you please mention me a post about the best and cheap blender. I hope you will do it for me.
Waiting for your reply.
Jains should be aware that due to the way pollination occurs via the fig wasp (which is absorbed by the fruit) they should not eat figs.ReplyDelete
Thanks for giving us useful information, if you see more check this site 10 Best Food Items to Boost your Immunity in COVID-19 and improve your immunity power at Home during quarantine.ReplyDelete
Thanks for sharing it is Very Informative page, I hope it will be useful for all of us. , How to Care Kalanchoe Plant in Summer to get more valuable Information about kalanchoe plant.ReplyDelete
Fantastic Post! Lot of information is helpful in some or the other way. Keep updating fig fruit powderReplyDelete