You guys I tried my favourite Salted caramel sauce at home and I am in love! I cannot stop eating it! So far I have had it with raw apples, on toasted bread and with Mango pancakes, recipe of which I will share in my next post.
There's nothing better than this sauce. It's sweet, buttery, sticky, slightly salty and so so delicious! Tastes good with just about everything!
Here are some of the things with which you can eat this sauce
1. Ice creams especially vanilla ice cream
5. Grilled fruits like Pineapple, Peaches
and Much more!
This salted caramel sauce is made with just 4 ingredients in 10 minutes. All you have to do while making this sauce is keep an eye on sugar which caramelises so it doesn't burn and be careful of the splatter when you add butter and cream in hot caramel. Its as simple as this!
Once you make this sauce at home, you would not want to buy this sauce or even butterscotch sauce from market. Both the sauces are same, only difference being butterscotch sauce is made with brown sugar and not white sugar. You would want to serve this sauce with everything and even eat it by the spoonful. It's liquid gold for desserts!
Sweet, sticky and slightly salty Caramel sauce which is perfect for spooning over any kind of dessert.
Serving: Makes about 1 cup
1/2 cup sugar
1/4th cup cream (I used Amul)
2 Tbsp butter (I used Amul)
pinch of salt
1. Heat sugar in a saucepan over medium heat and move around saucepan couple of times by holding the handle so that all of the sugar melts. (Do not use any spatula or whisk to mix sugar, let sugar melt on its own and make sure to not touch the caramel with your hands at all)
2.Once sugar melts and achieve a dark yellow colour, adjust gas mark to low heat and add butter and stir with the help of a whisk. (Mixture will splatter when you add butter so be careful)
3. Once butter is incorporated, slowly add cream on low heat. Once you add cream, mixture will splatter rapidly so carefully mix all the cream with a whisk.
4. Once cream is mixed through, take off heat and add salt and mix again.
5. Slightly cool caramel and then transfer in an air-tight glass container and refrigerate up-to 2 weeks.
6. It will slightly thicken on cooling so re-heat in microwave for 15 seconds before using.
If you try the recipe, don't forget to leave a comment. Do take a picture and tag #fascinatingfoodworld on Instagram.
Some more easy and delicious dessert recipes you can try